Monday, August 22, 2016

Drug arrests in S. Korea hit record high in 2015

(Korea is virtually drug free.)

Yesterday, I had beef and rice for dinner. I'm not a huge fan of rice. The stuff comes with every meal. But I didn't complain. I just smiled and ate my vittles with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I'm wonderful that way. The glass is always half-full at my humble abode. I washed the food down with several bottles of Cass. Cass is my favorite beer in Korea.

I watched UFC 202. The match between Connor McGregor and Nate Diaz was easily the best fight in the history of humanity. They punched each other in the face for five straight rounds. Nate's visage was a grotesque mask of blood. I nearly puked just looking at him. In fact, his blood was dripping everywhere. The entire mat was stained the color of crimson. In the end, Connor won a majority decision. Talk about entertainment.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some dirty nihilist. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's wonderful to relax on my sofa and watch the UFC. A lot of folks don't get to experience this sort of joy. They're too busy working in order to put food on the table. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Brazil.

I went to be at 10 p.m. I dreamt about fishing in a row boat. I sat next to a complete stranger with my line in the water. I told him that global warming was bullshit. He didn't respond.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. The amount of drug arrests in South Korea hit a record high. The powers-that-be blame the increase on the internet. People are buying narcotics over the web. However, less than 12,000 were busted last year, and the peninsula's population is well over 50 million. Those numbers are amazing. I live in a country which is virtually drug free. Good for me. It's one less thing to worry about.

I turned on CNN. Trump's softening his previous immigration policy. He has given up on the idea of deportation squads. It's a wise move. Grabbing people out of their homes in the middle of the night is not an image one should associate with their president. However, we do need a secure border. I'd be happy with amnesty for current residents and a very high wall to dissuade the stubborn. But nobody listens to me.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Close My Eyes Forever)

No comments:

Post a Comment