Sunday, September 25, 2016

14th Zika virus infection confirmed in South Korea

(The Zika virus is in South Korea.)

Yesterday, I went to a restaurant with my wife. We both enjoyed a pizza buffet. I'm not a big fan of cheese, so she ordered me a pie with just peperoni and sauce. The meal was delicious. All that starch sent me straight to the moon. I washed the vittles down with several glasses of genuine Coca-Cola. I'm a broke dead dick, so I usually drink the generic stuff. But sometimes a man has to splurge.

I watched the remake of Ben Hur at a local cinema. The film was magnificent. The war scene on the galley ship had me on the edge of my chair. But the best part of the movie was the chariot race. I was quite impressed with the broken crippled bodies littering the track. If I were the king of the world, I'd bring back chariot races and Roman circuses. I believe in keeping the peasants entertained. It cuts down on crime.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some dirty pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun to spend a Saturday at the cinema. Sadly, lots of people don't get to experience this type of joy. They live in the deep dark jungle and use leaves to wipe their dirty asses. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in the Amazon rain forest.

I went to bed at 11 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 7 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. So far, there have been fourteen confirmed cases of the Zika virus in South Korea. The latest victim was a 34-year-old man who caught the disease in Thailand. Zika doesn't seem too serious for those who aren't pregnant. But one little mosquito bite can turn a new-born babe into a babbling idiot, so the news is quite scary. I truly believe that the sky is falling.

I turned on CNN. A Latino man walked into a shopping mall north of Seattle. He had a rifle and began shooting the place up. When the smoke finally cleared, four dead people lay bleeding on the ground. Three of the victims were female. The police have a fuzzy picture of the assailant and are currently scouring the countryside for this maniac. Let's hope that he is soon apprehended by the powers-that-be. After that, he should be hanged by the neck until dead.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(The Ceiling)

No comments:

Post a Comment