Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Foreigners blamed for Jeju crime wave

(Xenophobia is often a big global headache.)

Yesterday, I had beef and rice for dinner. I'm not a big fan of rice. The stuff comes with every meal. But I didn't complain. I just ate my vittles with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I'm wonderful that way. The glass is always half-full at my humble abode. I washed the food down with several glasses of Cass. Cass is my favorite beer in Korea. It's both smooth and delicious.

I watched the World Cup qualifier between England and Slovakia. I always root against the English because they take football way too seriously. It's fun to see them cry like women when they lose. Last night was a close affair. Unfortunately, England managed to eek out a 1-0 victory. But the squad looks weak. Slovakia was down to ten men and almost managed a draw. I anticipate a lot of English tears in the future. 

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy atheist. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's nice to watch football while drinking lots of beer. Life doesn't get much better than that. But lots of people aren't as fortunate as me. They're too busy laboring in the fields. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Bangladesh.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I dreamt about eating at Popeye's Chicken. A black guy tried to kill me with a knife.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Supposedly, there's a crime wave on the Korean island of Jeju. The police are blaming the lawlessness on foreigners. Most of the infractions are being committed by Chinese immigrants. I take this story with a grain of salt. Koreans hate foreigners. They always have, and they always will. Sadly, we get blamed for all their woes.

I turned on CNN. The president of the Philippines is named Rodrigo Duterte. He's cracking down on drug pushers big time. Many Filipino dealers are being killed extra-judicially by government-sponsored death squads. Obama criticized Duterte for his tough stance on crime. Duterte responded by calling Obama a son-of-a-whore. I've always been fascinated by fascists. They keep the trains running on time.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody.  Enjoy the song of the day.

(Video Killed the Radio Star)

8 comments:

  1. I've never got the appeal of soccer: 93 minutes go by until you get one measly goal, with a score of 1-0???! Hell, in American football games, you typically have more excitement in the first five minutes than you do in 90+ minutes of a soccer match.

    As for Duterte, I watched a clip of his outburst in which he used profanity. He seemed very visceral in his utterings and feelings. It's obvious the rest of the world thinks Obama is a chump.

    I've also been reading about the blatant censoring of Trump's visit to that black church in Detroit. The Media bias is getting so bad they don't even attempt to hide it any more.

    Take care, Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eric.

      I used to feel the same about soccer. But now I love it. I guess I'm just starved for entertainment.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Not too many people have found yer new website, so I figgered I'd add a comment. Duterte is a dictator, but will be supported if he keeps crime down. Problem is that most dictators will start getting rid of any opposition to them. Hacking Hillary will be the same if elected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrome.

      I'm not a fan of Hillary. But I just don't see her assassinating her fellow citizens. But I could be wrong.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Hi Smith,

    Most Filipinos in America support Duerte's actions. Also, Popeye's rules when you want some crunchy greasiness.

    Keep it up, Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chaz.

      I like Popeyes. The chicken in crunchy and the fries are nice and salty.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Football is the best game in the world. you shut the fuck up Eric. American football is dull and boring and stop start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah bro, soccer is at its best when players dive. After writhing in excruciating pain from 0 contact, they snap up and trot away as if nothing happened - trying to get that yellow card. Laaaaaaammmme!!!

      Delete