Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Students angry at school order to 'stay inside' amid quakes

(Studying is very important in Korea.)

Yesterday, my mother-in-law took me to a restaurant for dinner. I had barbecue pork with all the trimmings. The meal was absolutely delicious. I'm a huge fan of pork. It's both cheap and delicious. I washed the vittles down with several bottles of Cass. Cass is my favorite brand of Korean beer. I can't get enough of the stuff.

I watched American football. The Packers took on the Jaguars. Both teams looked quite impressive. But Aaron Rogers is simply on another level. He completed several amazing passes which were damn near super-human. In fact, Aaron has the highest passer rating in the history of the NFL. And I can certainly see why. If yesterday was any indication of the future, then the Packers will give any team in the league a run for its money.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. It's nice to kick back and watch the NFL while enjoying a few beers. In fact, life doesn't get any better than that. A lot of people never experience this type of joy. They're too busy busting their humps to put bread on the table. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in northern Greenland.

I went to bed at 11 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 9 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Two powerful earthquakes hit Korea yesterday, and many students are angry because their teachers wouldn't let them go home. Instead, they had to stay in their classrooms and study. Academics are very important on the peninsula. Studying for university even trumps natural disasters.

I turned on CNN. Hillary is trying to implicate Colin Powell in her email scandal. She accused the general of having a private server when he was secretary of state. But Powell wants to stay above the fray. He said that he never advised Clinton on how to do her job. In fact, he claimed that he never speaks to the woman. Hillary is falling apart. I wonder if the powers-that-be will try to replace her with Joe Biden.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(The Joker)

No comments:

Post a Comment