Thursday, October 27, 2016

'Solo drinkers' on the rise after anti-graft law takes effect

(More Koreans are drinking their soju at home.)

Yesterday, I had chicken for dinner. I cooked the poultry in a large frying pan. I added lots of salt and grease. The bird tasted delicious. It was hot and crisp and tasty. I washed the vittles down with several glasses of Cass. Cass is my favorite brand of Korean beer. It's both smooth and delicious.

I watched CNN. Something happened to the cable feed in New York, so the network ended up showing a documentary about the IRA. It was pretty interesting. It seems that the worst of the Fenians gave in depth interviews to Boston College back in 1999. They assumed that the info wouldn't be used against them. It turns out that they were wrong. Murder cases are being reopened by the powers-that-be. It's always best to keep your mouth shut.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some dirty pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun to drink beer while watching the boob-tube. In fact, life doesn't get much better than that. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They're too busy toiling in the fields to provide vittles for their families. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Somalia.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of instant coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Korea recently passed an anti-graft law. No gifts can be given to business people which are valued at over thirty dollars. So the late night dinners and soju parties have come to a standstill. More people are now buying their booze at convenience stores and drinking it at home.

I turned on the news. Donald Trump's Hollywood star was recently vandalized. The police are investigating the incident. I can't understand all the left-wing hate for Mr. Trump. Everything he's saying is correct. Our manufacturing jobs are gone. Our border is open. Minority neighborhoods are dangerous cesspools. We're in one losing war after another. So what's the problem? It's not like he's lying about anything. I just don't get it.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. Sorry for the delay in posting. But, if the truth be told, I only want to write fifteen times a month on this piece of toilet paper called a blog. Anyway, so long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Macho Man)

14 comments:

  1. "toilet paper called a blog" But a much better perspective than anything the New York Times publishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous.

      Screw the elite media.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. I have noticed you haven't been dreaming much lately. Have your sleeping patterns changed? Getting less or more? I find the sharing of your dreams entertaining. Don't hold out on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi np11.

      I dream. I just haven't been remembering them.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Mr. Smith,

    Loved the soju photo.

    Keep on posting.

    Mr. Benge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Benge.

      Soju is sneaky stuff. It's not hard liquor, but it ain't soft, either.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Well, Smith, I for one enjoy your blog and hope you continue with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eric.

      I have no plans on stopping the blog. I just plan on keeping it between 15 and 20 posts a month. Thanks for the support.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Hi Smith, how is the dragon lady doing these days??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that no news is good news regarding The Dragon Lady and The Children of The Rice. Had fried pork belly and sauteed kimchee courtesy of my Dragon Lady and her mother. I washed the vittles down with genuine Dr Pepper. It doesn't get a whole lot better. Cubs made it to game 7. You should watch.

      Delete
    2. Hi Chaz.

      I like Dr. Pepper. And I'm rooting for the Indians. Right now, it's tied six to six.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Pretty good game in the end. Couldn't decide which post-apocalyptic toilet to root for. Maybe the win will bring peace to the mean streets of Chicago??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chaz.

      You're right. The game was great.

      Cheers.

      Delete