Sunday, November 6, 2016

Chinese students arrested over assault on restaurant worker

(Chinese students beat up a Korean restaurant worker.)

Yesterday, I was very sick. I have a severe cold which is kicking my ass. So I made myself a light dinner consisting of eggs and toast. I also ate an apple. The meal was delicious. I'm a big fan of apples. I like the types which are hard and sweet and juicy. I washed the vittles down with several bottles of water. Sometimes, water is the only beverage which truly quenches my thirst.

I watched the latest episode of The Exorcist. Marcus finally finds Casey. She's taking a dip in Lake Michigan during the middle of winter. Marcus drives the demon from her body by baptizing the girl and quoting Saint Paul. The energy is so intense that thousands of dead fish rise to the surface. Meanwhile, Satan has made his way to planet Earth. The Exorcist is really creepy. I have no idea why I torture myself with fear. Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, I have access to medication and rest. Sadly, lots of people aren't that fortunate. Simple illnesses--such as malaria or strep-throat--can often turn fatal due to lack of treatment. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Zimbabwe.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 7 a.m. and drank a big glass of water. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Three Chinese students assaulted a restaurant worker on Jeju Island. They became angry after he refused to serve them alcohol. Apparently, the students were already drunk and it was three in the morning. The waiter told the men that he wanted to close up and go home. They punched him in the face.

I turned on CNN. I'm really quite shocked about the election. Donald Trump is now neck-and-neck with Hillary. He even has a good chance to pull out states like Michigan and New Hampshire. The latest email scandal has really been a kick in the nuts to the Clinton campaign. I still think she's going to win, but stranger things have happened. Just look at Brexit.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Band on the Run)

No comments:

Post a Comment