Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Prosecution wants death penalty for child abusers

(Koreans want toughter penalties for child abuse.)

Yesterday, I had chicken for dinner. I fried the bird using generous amounts of salt and grease. The meal was wonderful. It came out all hot and crisp and delicious. I'm a great cook. Poultry is my specialty. I washed the vittles down with two bottles of Cham soju. I also drank several large glasses of beer. A good time was had by all.

I watched CNN. Don Lemon had an all-black panel on his show. They criticized Dave Chapelle for not being harder on Donald Trump. They also said that Trump's election came down to race. It was a case of white vengeance against the minority communities. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. Many of Trump's supporters were blue-collar democrats who had voted for Obama during the previous election. People are hurting, and the liberal elites just don't get it.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun to drink soju while eating chicken. It's also nice to go to bed with a full stomach. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They are so poor that they use their bare hands for toilet paper. Things could always be worse. I'm just thankful that I wasn't born in Djibouti.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of instant coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Korean prosecutors will start seeking the death penalty when child abuse results in death. This change is due to public pressure. Dead children have been turning up all over the peninsula. However, the government hasn't executed anyone since 1997. The penalty is mainly symbolic. Those currently on death row basically have life sentences.

I turned on CNN. The network claims that Trump's transition is a complete mess. All kinds of names have been floating around for various cabinet positions, and the jockeying for power is turning into a knife fight. I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about the process. Trump promised to drain the swamp. So why is he considering John Bolton for the secretary of state? That's the last thing we need. What I yearn for is more outsiders running the White House. I'm tired of the circle-jerk.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Jamey Johnson)

No comments:

Post a Comment