Monday, December 19, 2016

S. Korea sends 8 rescued N. Korea fishermen back home

(Rescued fishermen were sent back to North Korea.)

Yesterday, my wife made fried chicken for dinner. The meal was wonderful. Her poultry is even more tasty than mine. She's the Asian Martha Stewart. She also prepared French fries as a side dish. They were crisp and salty and delicious. I washed the vittles down with several large glasses of Cass. Cass is my favorite brand of beer on the peninsula. It's both smooth and tasty.

I watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead. Negan shows up unexpectedly at Rick's front door. He cooks spaghetti and biscuits with Rick's son. Then he plays pool with one of the friendly neighbors. During the middle of the game, he takes out a large knife and guts the poor man. The guy's intestines fall all over the pavement. After that, he shoots a fat lady right through the head. Rick's had enough. He's now decided that it's time to kill his nemesis.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun watching television while reclining on my sofa. Sadly, lots of people will never get to experience this type of joy. They live in grass huts, and are forced to eat grubs and pigeons. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Malawi.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Three North Korean fishing boats collided with several Chinese vessels. The fishermen were adrift on the ocean for over two months. Only eight survived. The rest starved to death or succumbed to illness. I wonder if the survivors ate human flesh to stay alive. I wouldn't blame them. Mother Nature is a cruel bitch, and sometimes we have to do what is necessary to keep breath in our bodies.

I turned on Fox News and watched Greg Gutfeld. He talked about a Muslim-American teenager who is dating a Catholic boy. The girl stayed out too late with her boyfriend and concocted a story so that her father wouldn't get angry. She told the cops that she had been assaulted on the subway by Trump supporters. The whole tale was a lie, and she was later arrested for filing a false police report. Her dad punished her by shaving her head.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(The Allman Brothers)
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Smith,

    I really enjoy your blog. Thanks.

    Maybe you need to put in more "I'm just glad I wasn't born in Venezuala"? :-)

    I haven't checked in since the election. Wow, what a nice surprise! I'm still pinching myself.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. I miss living in Asia and reading your blog helps.

    Steve, outside of Topeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve.

      Thanks for the kind words. It's always great to hear from you.

      Cheers.

      Delete