Saturday, December 31, 2016

Who's behind blacklist of artists?

(Freedom of speech isn't very important in South Korea.)

Yesterday, my wife made ribs for dinner. They were smothered in tangy hot-sauce. The meal was delicious. My wife is a great cook. She's the Asian Martha Stewart. I washed the vittles down with several large glasses of water. Sometimes, water is the only drink which truly quenches my thirst.

I watched a very disturbing movie called The Witch. I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed the film. Lots of children fall pray to an evil woman. They're slaughtered like pigs. There is also a goat named Black Phillip who is actually a demon. He kills the head of the house when he butts the poor man into a woodpile. After that, the family's eldest daughter murders her mother with a knife. The Witch is both unpleasant and compelling. If you like being afraid, then you'll have a great time.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy misanthrope. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun to watch a horror film from the comfort of my home. My hovel is both warm and comfortable. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They're so poor that they can't afford heat during the winter. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Detroit.

I went to bed at 11 p.m. I dreamt that I was forced to defecate in public. I sat forlornly on the toilet while others pointed and laughed. I felt very uncomfortable.

I woke up at 10 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. The Korean government is suspected of blacklisting artists, entertainers, and writers who have criticized the current president. I'm not the least bit shocked. In fact, I often wonder if South Korea is actually a democracy.  The powers-that-be certainly feel no love for freedom on speech. But what do I know?

I turned on Fox News. The talking heads are still focusing on Putin. The Russians stand accused of hacking the servers of the Democratic Party. But I don't feel particularly threatened. All the leaked material was newsworthy. For instance, it's a big deal that Debbie Wasserman Schultz and her powerful cronies plotted to destroy the campaign of Bernie Sanders. It's also a big deal that Donna Brazile gave questions to Hillary before the CNN debate. My only question is this: Why was the mainstream media asleep at the wheel?

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Flirting With Disaster)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Smith, Happy New Year to you!
    I'm still happily getting used to The Donald as President and really looking forward to it. I couldn't have taken 4 years of HRClinton. The climate here in the US - at least in my flyover country - is so amazingly different and better.

    Cheers, Steve - outside of Topeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Steve.

      God bless The Donald. Let's hope that things change for the better.

      Cheers.

      Delete