Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Egypt to 'export' stray dogs to Korea

(Stray dogs are being exported from Egypt to feed Koreans.)

Yesterday, my wife made fried chicken for dinner. The poultry was smothered in hot sauce. It was so spicy that it nearly burned a hole in my mouth. The meal was delicious. I washed the vittles down with several big glasses of Cass. Cass is my favorite brand of beer on the peninsula. It's both smooth and delicious.

I watched several episodes of Rome: Empire of Blood. It's a Netflix series about Emperor Commodus and the snares involved in being the leader of the world. First of all, fighting these German tribes along the borders of the empire was no easy feat. Commodus had to ask for a truce--which pissed-off the powers-that-be. Secondly, his own mother was murdered by his father with poison. That would screw with anybody's head. Lastly, his sister plotted to have him killed by the senate. He later had her assassinated on the island of Capri. This series is fascinating--if you're into ancient history.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For example, my existence has been somewhat stable. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They don't know where their next meal is coming from. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Laos.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I dreamt that singer-songwriter Paul Simon was possessed by the devil, and I was tasked with exorcising him. It was a very frightening experience.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. Egyptians want to export their stray-dogs to South Korea for money. Koreans still eat dogs. They cook the meat in a soup. A bowl will cost you approximately eight dolla. The restaurants which serve this fare reek of wet dog. The smell is enough to gag a maggot. If you've never tasted canine, you haven't missed much. It's not very tasty.

I turned on Fox News. Sean Hannity had a special about Donald Trump. The Donald has made many promises. For instance, he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. He's also going to scrap Obama-care and defeat Isis. On top of that, Donald will supposedly slap a 35 percent tax on all products manufactured outside of the United States. Will he keep his word? I think he'll try. He's seventy-years-old, and he's thinking about his legacy. Nobody lives forever.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Joe Johnson)

4 comments:

  1. I watched 4 episodes of Rome last night! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will watch it now. Thanks for the heads up! Also, I always wondered what dog soup would be like. Recently found out that bear is most excellent, very tasty and juicy like pork. Any idea on horsemeat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anonymous.

      I've never had bear. No have I eaten horsemeat. But dog truly sucks.

      Cheers.

      Delete