Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Korean man abducted in the Philippines found dead

(A Korean man was murdered in the Philippines.)

Yesterday, I had pork and French fries for dinner. The meal was delicious. Our family eats a lot of pig. It's both tasty and reasonably priced. My wife's wonderful in the kitchen. She cooked the fries with peppers. They were so hot that they nearly burned a hole in my mouth. I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola. I'm a broke dead dick, so I can't afford the good stuff.

I watched the NFL playoffs. Pittsburgh defeated the Chiefs by the score of 18 to 16. The Steelers marched all over the Kansas City defense, but they simply couldn't score any touchdowns. The team had to settle for six field goals from their young kicker. Kansas City's defensive coordinator deserves a medal for his inspiring coaching performance. Yet his brilliance went for naught. The offense was anemic and screwed up a two-point conversion at the end of the game.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy pagan. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, stuffing my fat face with pork while watching the NFL is simply delightful. Life doesn't get much better than that. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They work all day for a few grains of rice and often go to bed hungry. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Laos.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. The body of a middle-aged Korean man was recently found in the Philippines. This has been happening all too frequently. In fact, several Koreans have been murdered by Filipinos over the last 18 months. The peninsula is relatively crime-free, and its denizens often forget that we live in a dangerous world. So they often flash their money and jewelry in front of complete strangers.

I turned on Fox News. The democratic powers-that-be are still blaming the Russians for Trump's victory. Of course, this is utter nonsense. The party's constant race-baiting simply alienated the white vote. Clinton needed to focus less on Black Lives Matter and more on the suffering working class in the heartland. Trump shattered the mighty blue wall in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Michigan. The empty factories tell the whole story. Putin had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(No Quarter)

No comments:

Post a Comment