Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Dog meat market to close down

(The Moran dog meat market is now closed.)

Yesterday, I had beef and French fries for dinner. The meal was excellent. My wife is a great cook. She's the Asian Martha Stewart. I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola. I'm a broke dead dick, so I can't afford the good stuff.

I watched an episode of Gotham. The Joker has his face cut off by a sycophant who is trying to bring the arch-criminal back from the dead. The Joker wakes up wondering what happened to his visage. He tracks the guy down and staples his flesh back onto his head. Then he blows up a chemical factory as he laughs on live television like a madman. Gotham is disturbing. It's doesn't remotely resemble the Batman I used to see as a child. Maybe that's a good thing. Blam. Splat. Kapow.


I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some filthy misanthrope. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun to eat beef in a warm apartment. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They live in the hot desert and feast on deadly cobras. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Djibouti.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. The Korean government is closing down the infamous Moran dog meat market. 80,000 dogs were annually slaughtered and sold in this location. Lately, nearby residents have been complaining about the noise and the smell. So the denizens of the peninsula will have to buy their canine elsewhere.

I turned on Fox News. Neil Cavuto claims that Trump is responsible for the jump in the stock market. And he's absolutely right. But I wouldn't celebrate just yet. Interest rates are still at historic lows, giving the American bullshit economy an artificial boost. We won't know where we truly are until we get back to a normal three percent.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Ride On)

No comments:

Post a Comment