Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Duterte threatens to kill Korean gangs

(Duterte vows to kill Korean gangs.)

Yesterday, I went to a restaurant with my wife. We ordered fried chicken and spicy rice cake. The meal was delicious. The rice cake was so hot that it nearly burned a hole in my tongue. I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Max Beer. A good time was had by all.

I watched the Super Bowl. It looked like the Falcons were going to run away with the game. Atlanta's defense was very aggressive and quick to the ball. Plus the Patriots couldn't stop Matt Ryan. At one point, he had completed thirteen out of fifteen passes for three touchdowns. But the Falcons sucked ass in the fourth quarter. They simply just lost faith in themselves. The Patriots rallied from a twenty-five point deficit to become the champions. I have no idea how Atlanta will come back from this mysterious implosion. I've never seen anything like it.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some dirty atheist. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's fun to watch the NFL. Sadly, lot's of people will never experience this type of joy. They spend their sad little days following hockey. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Canada.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I dreamt that my youngest son was selling cigarettes illegally to make pocket money.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. The Filipino president, Rodrigo Duterte, has vowed to exterminate Korean gangs selling drugs in the Philippines. Duterte is famous for his extra-judicial killings of Filipino criminals. As a Christian, I go back and forth on the issue of the death penalty. Some days I'm for it, and other days I'm against it. I'll just leave it at that.

I turned on Fox news. President Trump says that he has a lot of respect for Vladimir Putin. He's seeking a productive relationship with the Russian president. Bill O'Reilly called Putin a killer. Donald responded by saying that we live in a world filled with murderers and that we must learn to deal with them. He also said that he's looking for Putin's cooperation to deal with ISIS.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everyone. Enjoy the song of the day.

(Pink Floyd)
  

4 comments:

  1. It was a good game, Smith. The Patriots - love 'em or hate 'em - sure staged one of the most impressive comebacks in NFL history, and certainly the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history. My hat's off to 'em.

    Duterte... what can I say, other than that I hope the guy has a strong security contingent around him at all times. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eric.

      I'm with you. The game was monumental.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. do you think trump was referencing the DNC guy who was "robbed" and murdered (even tho nothing was taken) around the time of the election. the same guy who it is speculated who was the leaker of the famous emails to julian assange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dale.

      I really have no idea. I'm just some dumb guy who writes an obscure blog. The CIA should break my fingers.

      Cheers.

      Delete