Monday, February 27, 2017

S. Korea defeats Cuba 6-1 in warm-up before World Baseball Classic

(Baseball is very popular in Korea.)

Yesterday, I took my family to a restaurant. We had sashimi with all the fixings. The meal came with raw shrimp, kimchi, and steamed fish. My youngest son loves sashimi. He shoveled the food into his mouth at the speed of light. He's an expert at the chopsticks. I consumed two bottles of soju. A good time was had by all.

I watched Hacksaw Ridge. It's playing at the local cinema. The movie is wonderful. It centers around an army private named Dawes who's a conscientious objector. He wins the Medal of Honor for saving seventy-five men from the Japanese pagans during WWII. Mel Gibson's a treasure. His films are often inspired works of genius. Who will ever forget Braveheart or The Passion of the Christ? Certainly not me. He was supposed to make a movie about Vikings several years ago. However, he got caught badmouthing the Jews, and his career took a huge hit. It's good to see him back to form.

I paid homage to the Christ God. I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise. I'm not some dirty atheist. I thanked The Savior for his many blessings upon my life. For instance, it's wonderful to take the family to the movies from time to time. Sadly, lots of people will never experience this type of joy. They live in the deep dark jungles and eat fried tarantula for supper. Talk about a pisser. Things could always be worse. I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Borneo.

I went to bed at 10 p.m. I didn't dream. I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. South Korea defeated Cuba 6-1 in baseball. Baseball is the most popular sport on the peninsula. The stadiums are always full on the weekends. I used to support the Samsung Lions, but now I'm an SK Wyverns man. SK has an American manager. He needs all the support that he can get.

I turned on Fox News. Darrell Issa is calling for an independent investigation of Trump and his ties to Russia. Issa is a turncoat republican, and he needs to go take a flying screw at a rolling donut. Hillary lost because her vaunted blue wall collapsed. The working class people thought she was disgusting. Putin had nothing to do with it. Big Don should start kicking ass and taking names. It's time for traitors to feel his wrath.

Anyway, my quiver is empty. So long for now, and God bless everybody. Enjoy the song of the day.

(For Whom the Bell Tolls)

No comments:

Post a Comment